Sustainable Living in Alabama
When we work with the planet, the planet will work with us. Yet when we don't, we leave ourselves vulnerable to pollution causing diseases, miscarriages, birth defects, and premature death. Source.
It's obvious that we need to be aware of this natural law of life.
Reusing is a great start on eliminating unnecessary waste, here are some other ways to live Happily & Sustainably.
11 Ways to Think Globally & Act Locally🌳
1) Get paid to pick up litter in our waterways with Model Environment, or buy them a cup of coffee to support!
2) Reward those in the community for being eco-friendly. Send them our "Going Carbon Neutral" print above here to start your journey on the Carbon Neutral / Negative movement like Bhutan in the video above. This is being done on the
personal - business - government - & global scale.
Get the full know how at Climate Action Curriculum/ Tree Planting in North Alabama/ Local water testing page here.
3) Make the simple switch to ecosia & plant a tree every time you search the web! (45 searches = 1 tree planted)
4) Be inspired by sustainable living. You can start by contacting Nexus Energy Center in North Alabama and make your home energy smart! See how Alabama can be sustained at the Solution's Project & with the help of local hemp.
5) Get rid of junk mail at the National Do Not Mail List. After doing this, email us at email@example.com for Alabama residences for your "No Junk Mail" mailbox decal.
6) Invest in an automatic irrigation system & raised beds, and you'll be amazed at how much fresh veggies & herbs you can grow on a busy schedule.
7) Vote for eco conscious candidates in local elections.
8) Join Operation Green Team in Huntsville, AL for hands on volunteer work that you can add on your resume to create a more beautiful Alabama. Read our "No Spray" meeting notes with them here, highlighting scientific facts on ridding ourselves of misinformation & environmental toxins such as glysophate based herbicides and more solutions towards a richer, sustainable community.
9) Learn how to naturally clean our waterways while keeping our lawns green with less watering & with native plants w/ Blue Thumb, "Planting For Clean Water."
10) Support local green organizations like Energy Alabama, North AL Land Trust, & Alabama Rivers Alliance.
11) Have an office, business, or just a tree lover? Make the switch to tree free paper such as Tree Zero.
For further grassroots support, please contact us through the button below. Thank you!
Problem Solve > Invest > Restore
Cortney Sloan Owner of North Alabama's Eco Business, Panacea: Feng Shui & Medical Massage.